Combined Insurance Company of America Withdrawal of Medicare Supplement Business Effective November 1, 2021
Combined Insurance Company of America has made the recent decision to no longer offer for sale any Medicare supplement insurance plans. All solicitation of this product must cease as of November 1, 2021 and all marketing materials must be removed from distribution and disabled from online viewing by November 1, 2021.
While this change does impact agents currently appointed, there is absolutely no impact on existing business. Combined will continue to service all existing policies by providing the high level of service that policyholders and agents currently receive.
As this change is implemented, there are some key dates.
- All business issued after today’s date will be paid on an as earned basis.
- Commissions will continue to pay as earned for all previously issued business.
- All new agent contracting ceases as of the date of this communication.
- Your state appointment to sell Combined Medicare Supplement Insurance plans will not be renewed. You will receive a copy of your termination letter, not for cause, when your state appointment comes up for renewal.
Medicare Supplement Applications
- Applications for prospective policyholders must be signed and dated by November 1, 2021 and received in the Administrator’s office no later than November 8, 2021 to be considered for approval. In the event an application is received and found to have pending requirements, all pending requirements must be returned by November 15, 2021 in order to receive an underwriting decision. Incomplete applications as of November 15, 2021 will be withdrawn.
- Combined’s administrative office may be contacted as follows:
- Telephone: 1-855-278-9329
- Facsimile: 1-866-545-8076
- Mail: P.O. Box 14207, Clearwater, FL 33766-4207
- Policyholders will continue to be allowed to reinstate a lapsed policy as per policy provisions, provided payment bringing the policy current is made within 60 days from the last paid-to-date. After 60 days, coverage will not be available.
Combined apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause and your support and business with Combined is greatly appreciated.