MA and PDP CMS Plan Approval
Mutual of Omaha MA and PDP Plans Receive CMS approval
We have some exciting news to pass along . . . Mutual of Omaha’s 2020 Medicare Advantage and 2020 Mutual of Omaha Rx plans were recently approved by CMS. The service areas, provider networks, benefits and premium rates are all finalized.
Final 2020 Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Cincinnati* — Boone, Butler, Clermont, Campbell, Hamilton, Kenton and Warren counties
- Dallas/Ft. Worth – Collin, Dallas, Denton, Rockwall and Tarrant counties
- Denver – Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, Clear Creek and Gilpin counties
- El Paso – El Paso county
- San Antonio* – Bexar county
*Also available for the remainder of Plan Year 2019
Medicare Plan Modifications During the Bid Process
- Cincinnati (OH) – Lowered the Maximum Out of Pocket on the Complete Plan to $4,300.00
- Cincinnati (KY) – Lowered the Maximum Out of Pocket on the Complete Plan to $4,700.00
- Cincinnati – (OH and KY) – Lowered the rates on the Plus plan to $28.00 per month
- Dallas – Increased the over-the-counter benefit to up to $80.00 per quarter
- Denver – Increased the over-the-counter benefit to up to $85.00 per quarter
- El Paso – Added $5.00 hearing exam with up to a $500.00 allowance for hearing aids
- San Antonio – Increased the over-the-counter benefit to up to $85.00 per quarter
Prescription Drug Plan Modifications During the Bid Process
- There were no plan changes. Premium rates were adjusted slightly to reflect national averaging. Many of the rates are now lower than 2019 rates. Please see the PDP Market Overview Tear Sheet for final CMS approved rates.
To make it easy for you to learn all you need to know about our 2020 plans, we’re including PDFs of the 2020 market overview information in this Express. These are also available on Forms & Material on Sales Professional Access (SPA) www.mutualofomaha.com/broker.
Mutual of Omaha’s Medicare & Part D Market Overview Released
They’re here!! Mutual of Omaha Medicare Advantage Company (MOMAC), Omaha Health Insurance Company (OHIC) and Medicare Advantage Insurance Company of Omaha (MAICO) market overview information has been posted on Forms & Materials on Sales Professional Access (SPA) www.mutualofomaha.com/broker. This is your opportunity for a sneak peek at the service areas, provider networks and benefits that are anticipated for Plan Year 2020. You won’t want to miss out on this!
Because plan information is pending CMS bid approval, these documents are available as download only. Also, keep in mind, plan design and service areas are pending government approval and are subject to change. The posted material is for producer use only and cannot be shared with the general public.
AHIP and Product Training
America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) Certification, Medicare Advantage product training and Part D Prescription Drug Plans (PDP) product training is now available on SPA: www.mutualofomaha.com/broker
- Medicare Advantage – The certification and training links will appear on the MA product page. To access simply go to Products > Medicare Solutions > Medicare Advantage
- Prescription Drug Plans – Both of the links appear on the PDP product page. Go to Products > Medicare Solutions > Prescription Drug Plans
- Please note: If you are taking Medicare Advantage training for the Denver market, you will see a banner that advises you that the product is not available. This is because the new market is pending CMS approval of plan benefits. You can still take the training
Even better, your AHIP Certification results can now be submitted electronically to Mutual of Omaha. No need to fax or mail your certificate. If you have completed the assessment using another carrier, you can still have the results conveniently sent to Mutual of Omaha. Just navigate to the AHIP site using the link on SPA. You will find instructions on how to transmit your results electronically. You will not have to pay or take the assessment again.
It’s time to get Ready to Sell for 2020 Medicare Products
Get Ready to Sell our Medicare Advantage and PDP products in just 3 easy steps!! Start the process today.
- Contract to sell Mutual of Omaha’s Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans.
- Successfully complete the 2020 America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) annual certification course that meets the requirements established by The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Successfully complete the 2020. Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug training courses. There is no cost to take the courses.
That’s all there is to it!
Re-contracting for Mutual of Omaha’s MA market expansion
If you are currently contracted for Medicare Advantage through Mutual of Omaha Medicare Advantage Company (MOMAC), a Medicare Advantage Insurance Company of Omaha (MAICO) Amendment will be required if you are planning to sell outside the current MOMAC markets. This new company is for Medicare Advantage plans rolling out this year in the following markets: Denver, Dallas/Fort Worth and El Paso.
And remember, to earn renewal compensation you will need to be Ready-to-Sell for the plan year compensation is to be paid.
Contract With Us